Thursday, April 23, 2009

A day with my baby.....

The twins had their first school field trip today.....the Norfolk Zoo. They're not home yet, but I'm sure there will be at least one horror story told at the dinner table tonight (which reminds me I need to start dinner).

Nope, I did not go along. I went on all of Bailey's field trips with him, but how do I choose whose class to walk with when the twins are in different classes? Not even going to try to manage that! So, instead, Bennett and I went on our own little field trip.

We went to a little place called Bluebird Gap Farm. There is a big play park, picnic/eating area, and farm animals to walk around and see/feed. He had so much fun feeding SINGLE pieces of feed to the animals. He was too scared to put his hand out with a bunch of food on it, so he pinched each little piece, put his hand out, and dropped it JUST before the animals could get it!!!! I felt bad for the poor animals.


These cows were laying right up next to the fence. Bennett yelled "moos" and ran over to them. I told him to turn around in front of the fence so I could get his picture next to them. He scrunched up his face and said, "No way....it might fart on me" and walked away. He did not like that big ol' butt up so close to him.


We also went to the elephant brunch. Ringling Bros is in town the next fews days and held an elephant brunch for the kids to come watch. It was cool watching them pig out on all the fresh fruits and vegetables....only a few feet in front of us. There were a dozen elephants and 6-8 tables FULL of food.....they were just as messy as my kids!

This big cabbage rolled away. The handler was brave enough to grab it and hand feed this monster though.

In a mood, to say the least.......


May YOUR day be filled with more sunshine than you can handle :o)







3 comments:

  1. i love this baby boy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I would love to see the elephant brunch! too cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are blogging again, love the stories and the pictures and even more than that... you have a special way of telling the stories none of us will ever forget. Thanks for the smiles. Love Mimi

    ReplyDelete